Monday, December 6, 2010

Crazy knife guy

This shop in downtown LongTan is awesome!
Denise and I were walking around one night and found this.
It's right on the main street next to clothes shops and the pearl tea place.
I was standing in front staring and the guy ran out and posed for me. ( seemed to have done the same pose many times)
I went back during the day to get better photos. This photo is taken from the street (I couldn't risk getting back any more into the traffic).
Where he is standing in this shot is the forge. No barriers for safety at all. Anyone can wander in.




The floor is covered with an inches thick layer of knives and metal scraps.
Even for me it's frighting to be in there.
 Knives and shovels and various things are hanging everywhere as far deep in there as I was willing to go.
 This machine pounds the hot metal

He is pounding the red hot metal. I have a good video of this which I will post soon. He was really proud to show us his skill.

Hand made hoes and picks.
He also reinforces stock shovels and repairs almost any metal thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment